Monday, October 21, 2013

June 15, 2013

Lana's 4th Littlest Pet Shop Birthday


  This was a fun cake to make for my daughter.  I love using new toys as cake toppers.  They look great and a little toy with cake goes a long way, though Lana wanted to move these around.

  With lots of family and friends in town for the birthday I made this cake for everyone to enjoy.  The square 8 in cake was one layer of vanilla and one layer of chocolate cake.  The top 6 in cake was two layers of strawberry cake, Lana's choice.


   The cake base is covered with purple fondant imprinted with Happy Birthday.  This was my first time covering a square cake with fondant, but I think it turned out well.  The fondant paw prints are a cute touch and pull the cake together.


   Happy 4th Birthday Lana!  I can't wait to see what cake you decide on next year.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment