Monday, October 27, 2014

Hello Kitty Birthday Cake

June 14, 2014

   It's Lana's 5th Birthday and she decided on a Hello Kitty theme.  She had me slaving away in the kitchen all week creating cakes, cake pops, and cookies. Lana also wanted a variety of flavors. The heart cake is half chocolate, half strawberry, and the Hello Kitty cake is vanilla.  The heart cake is decorated with butter cream icing and the Hello Kitty cake was covered with fondant.  How did I get that perfect bow?  It was easy, I just melted candy melts, poured them in the bow section of the cake pan, and set it in the fridge for 15 minutes.  This perfect bow easily popped out, what a great finishing touch.




   These cake pops were a labor of love.  Mixing the right amount to icing with your cake scraps to make your cake balls is key.  Too much icing just doesn't work.  I used a little icing to add white chocolate chips for the ears and dipped them in white candy melts.  I tried white chocolate but too much dripped off.  I then pipped on the eyes, nose, whiskers, and bow with left over icing from my Hello Kitty Cookies.

No comments:

Post a Comment