Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Madelyn's Caterpillar to Butterfly 1st Birthday

What a 1st Birthday Madelyn had!  With over 60 guests this little girl put me to work baking up cookies, cupcakes, and cakes for all her guests to enjoy.  It was really great learning and applying new techniques to my cookies, making my first carved cake, and using imprinted fondant covered cake boards as serving platters.  Check out all of this cuteness!

The cakes and cupcakes.

Madelyn's smash cake and my first carved cake.  This Very Hungry Caterpillar was carved out of a 6 in round white cake and cut down to Madelyn's size.  The birthday banner is made with a gum paste fondant blend and royal icing so it is hardened and Madelyn can keep it as a decoration.
 
These adorable Very Hungry Caterpillar cupcakes were added  so we wouldn't run out of cake for everyone.  I think they were a great addition, and possibly my favorite.

Very Hungry Caterpillar smash cake and cupcakes.
When the birthday girl already has a cute butterfly dress for the party, she needs a Very Hungry Caterpillar bib to go with it.  I designed this bib myself using my new personal embroidery design software program.  

Here is a closer view of the butterfly cakes.  One white cake and one chocolate cake.





These butterfly and flower cookies were a hit.  I think the kids ate more than their parents wanted, oops!  The imprinted fondant covered cake board says Happy Birthday with balloons and confetti.  Another item my daughter wants for her birthday.  :)

Next to come, Lana's Littlest Pet Shop 4th Birthday!

  Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment