Monday, April 8, 2013

Monster Truck Cake



   This monster truck themed cake was made for a friend's son's 3rd birthday. First I covered my cake board with checker board duct tape. Then I used the tape to make the flags and the pennant banner for Lincoln's name.  I made the tires by dipping Oreo cookies into a candy mold and added blue butter cream icing hub caps. I baked a 9x13 chocolate cake and covered it with lime green butter cream icing with blue and brown accent colors.This cake looks simple, but the Oreo cookie dirt was a little challenging to keep in the 3.  I added icing around the 3 to keep the dirt in place and added two mounds for the monster trucks.  What a fun boys cake to make and it can easily be modified for diggers, race cars, or tractors.

Top view of cake.

Close up view of cake before final decorations were added .
 
~Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment