Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Applique pre-embroidery machine

   My love of applique shirts began in college with my sorority stitch letter shirts.  They were so cute and the colors and pattern combinations were endless, but they were expensive.  I went out and bought my first sewing machine  and started making my own stitch letter bags and shirts.



     When I had my first daughter I went out and bought all this fabric to make cute burp cloths, but I never found the time to make them.  After my second daughter was born I searched the internet for instructions and got to work.  Burp cloths make a great baby shower gift and my family and friends were having a baby boom.





















   This technique also works great for hand towels.  I made these gifts for Mother's Day.












Next I started making holiday and season inspired applique shirts with matching fabric bows for my daughters.

















    I have had a lot of fun and learned a lot about sewing and applique with my first sewing machine, but I was ready for more.  Check out more of my blog to see all my new creations with my new embroidery machine.

    ~Sarah

1 comment:

  1. I went out and bought my first sewing machine and started making my own stitch letter bags and shirts. Sew Little Fabric

    ReplyDelete