Sunday, March 17, 2013

My First Cakes

   I have always wanted to decorate cakes like my Grandma Hart.  I loved just watching, smelling, and tasting everything she made.  It became a rare treat when we moved to Texas so I just had to learn for myself.
    If you have ever wanted to learn how to decorate cakes take a Wilton cake decorating class at Michael's. They will show you all the basics and how to use all the tools.  I really enjoyed taking these classes and they inspired me to try more on my own.  Here are the cakes I have made.

My first cake I made with my sister in-law, Marijane, for Lana's 1st birthday.

Mini butterfly smash cake.

This cupcake cake was the first cake I made in my cake decorating class.
 I made this basket weave cake with flowers in the flowers and cake design class.
This book cake I made for the school I taught at, what a tasty way to start the year. 

Raggedy Ann "Hannah" cake.  This cake was made for my DG after  5 alum group.  It was featured in our magazine,
 The Anchora.

  I made this Hawaii cake for fun while we were planning our family trip to Hawaii.

Pound cake with fresh berries.  
This monkey cake for made for a special boys' first birthday.

This 2011 cake was made just for fun.  New year, new cake.

I made this 2 tier Texas cake for our going away party.  We were moving to Colorado and this was my last easy cake to bake in Texas.

 This Valentine cake was one of my first successful cakes  made in Colorado.  I had to find all new recipes,  and it has taken lots of trial and error, but I finally got it.  So glad to be decorating cakes again.

When trying new recipes it's always fun to make a practice cake.  Game night anyone?
  I can't wait to see how I will be decorating my next cakes.  Looking forward to a monster truck cake next month.  :)

   ~Sarah

1 comment: